Sunday 24 July 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday's run was a stroller run. I decided to just go for a run and run for 30 minutes. I usually run for a distance and obviously try to run it as fast as possible or at least I have a goal pace in mind. This time around, I just wanted to run for 30 minutes. I headed out about 30 minutes after dinner and it was a good thing that I was just going to run for 30 minutes while pushing Eerika. After two miles, I started to wonder if my dinner would come up. Fortunately, it didn't.

The jogging strollers tires were flat so it was harder to push. I ended up running 3.26 miles in the 30 minutes with an average pace of 9:12.

1.9:18
2. 9:07
3.9:04
3. 9:44 (0.26 miles)

Saturday morning I woke up and my legs just felt achy and I was tired. I had planned on doing six miles so I knew that if I wanted to run outside, I would have to get up early and run. Well it didn't happen. Once the kids went down for naps, I was debating between running and just hanging out with Troy. The coach even gave me an OK to take a day off. BUT i didn't! And I am so happy about sticking with the plan and jumping on the treadmill and running for six miles. It is my longest run on the treadmill. My pace was between 8:49 and 8:34 for the entire six miles. So pumped about this!

The first week's total was 21.5 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment