Tuesday 19 July 2011

The First Week

This week has felt like the first week of what I would call "running seriously". I am excited. I am also feeling little bit like a wanna be, but I think I will feel like that until I do my first race and feel like I am getting faster.

Monday's run was 4 miles (+ 0.3 mile warm up)

1.08:33
2.8:35
3.8:46
4. 8:32
average pace: 8:37

I left the house at 06:45 and it was little too warm by the end of the run. So my mouth was super dry but otherwise, I felt fabulous.

Tuesday's run was a tempo run. (total of 4.54 miles)

10 minute warm up at 9:24/mile
20 minutes at 7:55/mile (goal was between 7:42-7:45)
10 minute cool down at 10:34/mile

The tempo was hard. And the heat got to me, again! It was also humid so I felt sticky. When Troy told me about the run, I didn't think I could keep up that pace for 20 minutes and while I didn't hit the goal pace, I am satisfied and proud of myself. So much of running is mental so I need to re-program my brain to believe in myself and my body.


No comments:

Post a Comment